The REST API allows you to build applications that interact with Hootsuite and operates on the same data. That means message actions performed through the API are visible inside the Hootsuite Dashboard and can benefit from functionality offered there. Features of the API include:
- REST/JSON APIs to integrate with Hootsuite backend services
- Industry Standard OAuth2 Authentication
- HTTP Webhooks for simple event notifications
- SAML 2.0 for Single Sign On integration.
- Message Text
- Images or Videos to attach to the message
- Social Network targeting options, privacy, geolocation options
- Hootsuite Message Tags
- Webhook callback servers
- Social account(s) to publish to
- Messages scheduled and visible on your Hootsuite dashboard.
User Management API
Use the User Management API to onboard users into a Hootsuite instance using the SCIM provisioning standard.
- Users to add to the Hootsuite instance
- Teams to create in the Hootsuite instance
- User(s) added to Hootsuite instance
- Teams created in Hootsuite instance
- User(s) deprovisioned from Hootsuite instance
Use the Ow.ly API to shorten links, track link clicks, and upload images.
- Web Link to Shorten
- Shortened links in the ow.ly/hash format
- Shortened links using configured vanity URLs
- Click stats for shortened links.